If there is one thing that can prevent us from becoming an actor, it is our mind. Our negative thoughts can block us and make us see life in black. How to get rid of those thoughts that prevent us from moving forward and that we have been dragging on for years?
Here is an exercise that will allow you to reprogram your brain to finally focus on what you want. I discovered this exercise 3 weeks ago, and it is effective.
Here’s how it works:
1. The first step to stop negative thinking is to identify the thoughts that you need to change. For example, perhaps you often catch your inner voice telling you « I never have castings ».
2. Now that you have identified negative thinking, you must write an affirmation that is directly opposite. For example :
« I now have 5 professional castings a week ».
Note that it is a positive affirmation that is written in the present tense.
This technique is called in English Seventy-By-Seven, Seventy-Seven, because the next step is to write this affirmation positive 7O times a day for 7 days in a row. I know, that’s a lot but that’s also why it’s effective.
If you arrive at day 3 and you forget to do it on day 4, you will have to return to day 1.
There is a precise way to write this statement to make sure it is effective.
Whenever you write your positive affirmation, you must write your immediate mental response and move on to the next statement. If you do not have a mental answer, just write « no answer ».
It’s time to be honest with yourself and really identify what’s blocking you.
Here’s an example of what it could do with the previous example:
(1) I now have 5 castings a week – No, I never have, this technique is nil.
(2) I now have 5 castings a week – Without an agent, it’s impossible.
(3) I now have 5 castings a week – if only it were possible.
(4) I now have 5 castings a week – I do not even know when I’ll have time to pass them.
(70) I now have 5 castings a week – I will do everything to make it happen.
The key to this technique is to always be focused on positive affirmation. At first, we tend to get distracted easily and think of something else. we must make some effort to bring our thoughts back to the affirmation we are writing. When you start, you will probably feel that you are wasting your time, and your negative mind will tend to judge the technique.
But little by little, as you continue, your negative spirit will begin to weaken. You will also discover other negative thoughts that block you deeper and that you may not have identified.
This technique is effective because it allows you to focus on what you want and stop negative thinking.
And as we become what we think most often, your positive affirmation becomes more and more true. At the same time, it allows you to be honest with yourself and express what you really think.
Try and you will see the results!
You can also download these powerful hypnosis sessions : https://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/thinking-skills/negative-thinking?6397